Thursday, December 1, 2022

"I Never Met A Cookie I Didn't Like"

 I was in the drive thru to a coffee shop recently and asked "what type of cookies do you have?"  As this young man started telling me I said "stop, it's o.k. just surprise me.  "I've never met a cookie I didn't like."  He started to laugh.  Because I'm "the entertainer" type personality, I had to add "oh, and at my age I never get surprises, well good ones anyway...."

Well, I met a cookie I didn't like and I made it.  Hahaha!  I made some applesauce from our own apples and was hungry for some cookies like my Grandma Kincaid made.  Well, these weren't it!  I made them for the lunch I prepared for the school my granddaughter goes to.  The teachers and some of the kids ate quite a few.  I also made Dicky Bird's Harvest Time Quick Bread from yesterday's post.  Thank goodness I did!  That was a hit!

I was thinking about this "I never met a .... I didn't like" saying.  I used it since then about cheese.  But, then I thought about goat cheese and limburger, so that's not a true statement either.

So now I'm sitting here typing this trying to think of something that statement would be true of.  I happen to look out the window, the sun is just coming up, orange and pink.  O.k. "I never met a sunrise I didn't like."  

Can you think of something that you could use that statement on?  Let me know.  I'm curious.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  


2 comments:

  1. I never met an old house I did not Like. I just love the character of old houses! Janice

    ReplyDelete