Friday, December 16, 2022

A Very Merry Scottish Christmas 2022

 I know I mentioned this in a previous post, but I'm doing a "virtual" tour of my home for Christmas.  I mean you all know why I do these things right?  As a master procrastinator, I need to set up these little events, shows, classes in order to hold myself accountable for getting something done.  I know...I'm still working on me...

I did have a light bulb moment yesterday as I went up and down the basement steps looking at all my Christmas tubs thinking I'm just going to cancel this tour.  It just seemed too hard to do and I have too much stuff to get it to look like I wanted.  However, if there is one thing I hate more than not doing something, is saying I am going to do something then don't.  Then, I saw it...a huge piece of yardage I bought thrifting this past year.  I forgot about it.  

i

I have it!!  I know what I can do, A Very Merry Scottish Christmas!  Now, my over exaggerated ideals can get scaled back to just doing something, not "everything" and I can show the parts of my home that I did.  Yay!  Also, as an ennegram 7, I just made my procrastinated project fun....motivation for 7's....fun!  Like I said, I'm still working on me....another note on that, I think I need a new "stimulant" other than the "high" from working on something I procrastinated.  I'm too old for that, I might have a heart attack or stroke for real....stress does that at my age!  Note for a New Year's Resolution...ahaha.

O.k., o.k. I digress 

So, this next week, look for posts on what I'm working on and Scottish themed posts.  I started today, did you know this?


and this....


I take it as a "sign" I'm on the right path...I didn't know any of this when we picked New Year's Eve to celebrate our family Christmas.  If you want to follow along go here:  

A Very Merry Scottish Christmas Tour


Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  


4 comments:

  1. I did NOT know that about Scotland banning Christmas for 4 centuries. You have me curious now! ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this Scottish print would make great stockings or mittens. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Originally I was thinking pj's but maybe after Christmas...ahahah

      Delete