Friday, December 16, 2022

Simple Broth to Fight Colds

 


Tis the season...for colds and flu.  In addition to taking my daily supplements and vitamin or 2 or 10 (ahaha).  I enjoy a bowl of broth.  I make a variety of them - so easy to make from scratch and cheap!  Today, I made one to open up my sinuses.  Start by sauteing a whole bulb of chopped garlic, 1 onion, S & P.  Let the brown bits form on the bottom of pot.  Brown = Flavor.  I added fresh herbs - thyme, sage, parsley, rosemary and a nub of grated ginger.  Cook for a few minutes and add liquid (chicken stock, bone broth if you have it) I did water and chicken bouillon.  Bring to a boil and then let simmer until all is tender and melded together.  

Then, I strain it as I drink it.  



The benefits of drinking broth are so good for our bodies, especially here in snowy Wisconsin.  Also, I learned on Noom that broth fights your snacking hunger.  I kept on stove and just drank mugs full all day.  I can breath so much better!

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  


4 comments: