Friday, December 23, 2022

Simple Christmas Decor - Annalee Collection

 The very first time I saw an Annalee doll, was when I was dating Al.  Marlene, my now mother-in-law, had them.  She bought them at the Naval Exchange when they lived in Maryland.  I instantly was hooked on their cute little faces.  I've always been drawn to felt in some form or another.


These little "dolls" were once made in Meredith, New Hampshire but now not (sad face).  Here is their official website:  Annalee Dolls.  The new ones, in my opinion, aren't as cute as the older ones.  I always look for the older ones.   Over the years, Al and I have picked up some for his mom to add to her collection (which may be mine one day).  Several years ago, while at Oronoco Gold Rush days in Rochester, MN, there was a booth with dozens of these Christmas ones.  I asked how much if I bought ALL (ya, I do that too) it was soooo cheap!  I left with 2 garbage bags full.  When you walk around with 2 garbage bags at a flea market, be prepared to have everyone stop and ask why you bought...ahaha  




I don't get these out every year, but this year I bought some large ones from our estate sale in Antigo.  I decided to make these the center of my decoration.  You know, you can pick a "theme" and still incorporate your collection.  You don't need to go and buy new, work with what you have.  Also, this will be our first Christmas with 2 grandchildren and I wanted a whimsical tree.  We will celebrate with them on New Year's Eve.

Well, this will be my last post before my video tonight.  Here is the link:  Very Merry Scottish Christmas Tour

I just wanted to remind you, that this is a simple tour.  No fancy, frills just me walking around showing a few things.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

6 comments:

  1. I'm going to try to remember to check out the tour tonight. Those dolls look interesting. Their faces do have character!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun these are! Most older items are always better than new it seems. Merry Christmas! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in the land of AnnaLee I met her many times and her husband chip. Her factory in the woods was about 10 miles from me and a very good friend of ours used to help make them at home. Sadly, they
    are not made in the US anymore and they are out of the family completely. She surely was a character. We have several of the holiday pieces and a few of the larger pieces. Nice collection.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, lucky! What a story! I know it is sad that they aren't made here. I prefer the old ones to collect.

      Delete