Thursday, December 22, 2022

Simple Tartan

  


I've always been drawn to textiles with wool being my favorite.  I've picked up many of these wool blankets over the years at auctions, thrift shops and our estate sales.  See the little book in the middle?  That was a pick I made from one of our estate sales this past year.  It has a silk cover and has all the Clans of Scotland and their family tartan.  





I actually found one I have



One thing I regret that I didn't do on our trip was buy yardage of wool.  I should have bought and shipped it home or at least filled my carry on.  



I purchased sweaters instead...ahahah...another favorite of mine.  

I wanted to share a little more about Scotland from my previous posts.  




The 2 photos above are ones I took, near Glen Coe, Highlands, Scotland.  I really felt connected to the highlands with its beautiful, melancholy scenery.  You can read about the history of Glen Coe in a post I did here: The Story of Glen Coe  It's no wonder I come from a long line of "cautious" heritage (native too) it's in my genes I guess.  I recall many a "can't trust the...." in my lifetime.  However, most will tell you that I am too trusting...that's in the gene pool as well.  

I look forward to sharing my A Very Merry Scottish Christmas live video tomorrow night.  I hope you can join me.

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  







6 comments:

  1. So beautiful! What a find, the book! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the nice comment. Yes, it was a good find!

      Delete
  2. I solove the Scottish Highlands even though have never visited. I love love plaid! I would have gone nuts over all of that wool. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, you would have went nuts! I love plaid too!

      Delete
  3. Lovely photos. Scotland really is a very beautiful country. I'd love to be able to go back. The tartans look really interesting. There is such history with each one. I love the book. I bet you find some lovely things on your treasure hunting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is beautiful! I'm sure you know more about all the history than any of my other followers. The tartan colors and how to identify a clan - really interesting.

      Delete