Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Cozy Couch

 Last week I had some Gramma Bird time with Ezra!  He is just the happiest little thing - absolute joy!  While visiting, Anna and I made some Christmas candy.  Next to the grocery store in her small town is a thrift shop.  So, when we went to get ingredients, we had to shop.  

I ALWAYS find awesome pickin's there!  This trip did not disappoint.  I found this vintage Beacon blanket.  I was so tickled, it was only $5.  I just had my friend Nancy crochet me a very similar blanket.  I could already see it all in my mind on my couch.  I did look up the blanket, since it was unused, with original papers, to see if I should keep it or sell it.  This exact one, new like this, sold for $56 on Ebay.  I'll keep it.  





Now on to Nancy's blanket.  She rarely uses patterns.  This one was just in her head and heart.  Here is a link to her page:  Nancy's Hook N Needle


Now to put it all together


The pillows I bought from one of the estates I did this past year. 



I should be "decking the halls" instead, I am doing this....but I do love how it looks.  

Now on to more of making merry....

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

8 comments:

  1. That blanket is an absolutely gorgeous find! I am so tempted to go thrifting and garage sale-ing in the spring time as there are such treasures to be found!

    Ezra is such a great name. I have a great-nephew named Ezra and he is such a delightful, cheeky little boy. I love hearing about all his antics. My sister regularly sends me photos and videos and I loved spending time with him when I was home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must go along with the name. Our Ezra is a delight! I can see tho, that he may get into a bit of mischief. Thanks for the compliment.

      Delete
  2. great find and it looks wonderfully cozy I see a theme going on in your room
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I find the best stuff when I am not necessarily looking.

      Delete
  3. WOW great find in that blanket for sure. Everything looks wonderful! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...nice score! And I love the combination you pulled off. That's not easy to do with busy patterns but you make it work wonderfully. Yay for Gramma Bird time. I bet Ezra is growing by leaps and bounds. ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was thinking it might be too busy, but it worked. He is growing fast, getting teeth and army crawling all around.

      Delete