Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Wednesday's Word - Unity

Unity - "being united or joined as a whole"



In spite of the rule breakers in other areas, my community stands in unity.  I've hardly seen a car go down our road.  My husband's job (factory) was deemed "essential" and they gave each employee a letter saying so.  I guess, if they would be pulled over or questioned? they can show the letter.  I'm not sure if this would ever happen...but...things seem to change every day.

So, why Unity?  I was thinking of a word that would encourage my reader - at this time there sure are one's that do the other.  Look no further than your social media news feeds.  

Unity - joined as a whole.  "It's a small world after all"... is a song that I keep thinking about - thanks Disney - at least it's not baby shark LOL.  It is a small world, we have a village in China to thank for reminding us, just how small.  We ALL are untied by the planet - in unity during this "virus."  I am united with my fellow Americans, Wisconsonites, Ringle residents...we need to be in "unity" as how we handle ourselves.  

Without getting into a huge Bible study on 2 Chronicles 30, which I'm not qualified to do, here is my take on it.  In this chapter the king called for the people to come and celebrate the passover.  He told them do not be like their parents, who were unfaithful to the Lord, the God of their ancestors.  Rather, he said if you return to the Lord, He will show compassion on your children, He will not turn is face from you, if you return to Him.  That's what I get out of it...read between the lines....I don't need to preach.  

The unity comes in verse 12:  "...the hand of God was on the people to give them unity of mind to carry out what the king and officials had ordered, following the word of the Lord."  

I hate it when people tell me what to do!  I want to do what I want to do when and where I want to do it...spoiled much!  Reading this chapter today, brought light on my selfish spirit.  We need to listen to what our officials have ordered.  We need to be in living in unity.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin



3 comments:

  1. Apparently my husband (for this week anyone) and son (who apparently will still be able to work) both have letters to show if anyone questions them. I'm not sure they would as we are allowed to go for walks and to the stores but I suppose they are giving them just in case. I must say I have noticed it's a little quieter but not much. I have started going for an early walk as it is noticeably busier at the nature reserve where I walk. Stay safe and sane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a GREAT word for the times!! i always obey the law and i felt we were able to go for a drive, as long as we respected the no contact rule. we don't get out of the car, so i think that is ok. we have not gone food shopping in at least 3 weeks and we are still ok, we prepared 6 weeks ago, i don't really want to be in a store!! stay safe and be well!!

    and yes, thanks disney!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always awe-inspiring to see our country (and even the world) come together for a common cause...unfortunately, it always seems to be a crisis or tragedy at the heart of the unification. Personally, I have no problem doing what I am told, provided I understand the "why" behind it....and I definitely "get it" in this case. My husband is struggling more as he is so unaccustomed to being home...especially when it is NOT his idea. Sigh....

    ReplyDelete