Friday, March 6, 2020

Farmhouse Friday

What's going on at my farmhouse this Friday?

Well, I have some inventory over at Theme, a periodical shop I sell at in Wausau, Wisconsin.  Link here:  https://www.facebook.com/THEMEWausau/


They are open today and tomorrow for the month of March.

My chickens will be out this sunny Friday - even if it is only 35 degrees....it's still a nice March day in Wisconsin.

The snow is really going down.  I can see the corners to my raised beds in my garden.  I have been planning and thinking about different varieties of seeds to order.  Switching up some of my vegetable garden to flowers.  I don't need to grow so much food as there is only Al and I now and it's only more work for me to preserve them.  I have 100 jars of tomatoes already downstairs...help.  However, I DO need more flowers in my life.  

Working on and planning some classes for next week...I think I'm teaching 3!  Next week will be my busiest by far!  I will be felting eggs as examples this afternoon I'm sure!  

Other than that, I'm blessed to wake to another beautiful day here in my little farmhouse.  

What's going on at your house?

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  


5 comments:

  1. I can't wait for john to get our yard done..I have flowers picked out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have a busy day planned!! it's raining here today and i have had a very lazy day, now i regret it!!

    so, what's going on at my house, nothing!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun creating your eggs. It snowed all day here today. WOW 100 jars...that a lotta tomatoes. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Friyay...and Saturday....my friend! It was great seeing you Thursday...if only briefly. I always enjoy a visit to Theme....although it was a bit "people-y" for me at the time I chose to go LOL. I got home and remembered several things I had seen in the preview photos, but forgot to search out and did not see. Well, perhaps it's for the best as I am sure what I did not "see," neither did I "need." LOL I am scaling down all my plantings here (I just do flowers and herbs....but a lot of container planting which involves a lot of watering....) I have a hard enough time keeping things watered when I am here, but with the cottage, I know I will just be setting myself up for failure. Now remind me of that when planing season arrives, will you? I might have to "retain" you to put up some tomatoes for us. I have done it before, but it is something I always procrastinate doing (buying the tomatoes, getting the jars in order and finally actually canning them) and, actually, my mother used to do it for me. Chili just isn't the same without homemade stewed tomatoes..... And, yeah, I know...you don't need anything more on your plate...but just thought I'd put that out there in case you ever have an "oversupply" LOL. Well, happy weekend....hope you have time to enjoy some of this beautifully mild weather. Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow 3 classes! I would love to be close enough to attend one. Do you have problems with deer in the garden? I must admit to becoming so frustrated that I've given up having a garden until I have time enough to deal with it as I am gone for 6 weeks in the summer.

    ReplyDelete