Tuesday, March 31, 2020

March 2020

Oh, March 2020, you will go down in everyone's memory as the month that brought us to our knees.  Covid 19, working from home, schooling from home, stay in place orders not to mention the toilet paper.  I did call that one....I've been saying for years, when the "sh..t" goes down, you better have a stock pile of toilet paper.  People won't want gold, it'll be the toilet paper that has the most value.  Nailed it!  Sorry to say....

I was able to teach 4 needle felting classes before all of this.  I also had 2 classes postponed until end of May and June with the UWSP Wausau campus.  





March found me "making" myself go through stuff.  Tubs and tubs of not just stuff, but memories.  That is why I didn't want to do it.  I'm proud of myself for letting A LOT of it go.  I've made towers of tubs for each of our daughters to take to their own homes now.  I did keep some "Gram Bird" toys....

I recycled over 100 pounds of magazines....really!  I also boxed up for donation over 200 pounds of books!  I hope I can refrain from going back out to dig in them!  

We've been eating like "kings and queens" over here.  I've been making all kinds of "healthy" things from scratch.  We are digging through the bottom of the freezers, using what we have.  We are blessed to be able to homestead!




As we hop into April, more stay in place orders, I hope to keep working on cleaning and sorting.  My goal is to set up "Gram Bird's" playroom in one the girl's old bedrooms.  I have them filled with all kinds of wool, fabric, needle felting supplies...etc., etc., ..... all that needs to be organized too.  

I do a monthly giveaway on my business page: https://www.facebook.com/Town-Hall-Trinkets-LLC-729693193716630/  this month it is a gift certificate for a free needle felting class along with this:



I hope March found you a bit more thankful, loved, mindful and healthy.  I'll continue to do my part by posting fun, uplifting things on my blog.  Thanks for following along!

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

5 comments:

  1. Wowsers...you are accomplishing a great deal! You go girl! I could make a sizable dent in my downstairs if I summoned the courage to get rid of the magazines and books down there. The magazines might not be too hard to part with, but the books....oh the books??? And, well...maybe not my craft magazines...or my gardening magazines...or my cooking magazines. Ok...never mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am so glad I can visit you via your blog. No social distancing here. Your food looked yummy! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Good for you especially on the mags and books! They are my downfall and there are many I intend to let go of but can't quite. Any tips? I know I probably won't miss them when they are gone, but it's the letting go of them that is so tough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I smiled at your comment re the toilet paper, who knew that toilet paper would become such a special commodity. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. march was such an interesting month. i hoped it would be remembered for the warm temperatures...but our biggest memory of march 2020 will surely be covid19!! i felted slippers once on the alpaca farm i visit, it was so much fun!!!

    your food looks amazing. stay well and be happy!!!

    ReplyDelete