Friday, March 13, 2020

Farmhouse Friday - the 13th

It's Farmhouse Friday.  It's also Friday the 13th.  "I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious" (Michael, The Office).  I miss that show!  This morning, my farmhouse was full of prayer and pondering.  What could I post today that would encourage someone?  



WOW, the world is full of doom and gloom today!  What is happening?  How is this going to be good?  Lots of questions in Pandemic proportions!  Now, maybe you have guessed this about me, but I am one to seek my own answers, investigate more, dig a bit deeper and think outside the box.  I see this for more than just empty toilet paper shelves and government closures.  One could spend very few minutes on any news site and become overwhelmed and discouraged.  So, don't!  I'm not.  All this is in my mind, but I'm pondering on it a bit differently.  

As I sit here today, I am thinking what can do?  How can I encourage?  Be a blessing to those who happen upon this post.  Well, listen, what keeps coming back to me is, God is in control.  Now, maybe you're a follower who doesn't believe, you can stop reading now, it won't hurt my feelings. 

You know, when you want to earn a degree, you take classes, study and even do an internship.  All of that prepares you for graduation and working in your field.  These same steps, studying, the lessons, blessings and gifts you have been given, prepares you for your role in life.  Each step, builds upon the next.  I can see it so much more in my life the older I get.  

In case you didn't know, I had to learn to trust in Jesus, I don't just talk it, I had to walk it first.  And the path I had to walk was hard!  I did a series of posts back in January of 2013 - 11 posts, each one a lesson.  If you want to know why I can say God is in control, go back and read them.  Link to lesson 1 here and you can scroll down past comments and click on newer post and they come up in order.
https://dickybirdsnest.blogspot.com/2013/01/lesson-1-how-to-turn-it-over-to-jesus.html

So, today for my Farmhouse Friday, before I could move on to cleaning, baking or estate sale online posting.  I felt led in my spirit to be an encouragement to those worried today.  I can't take that away, but I know who can.  He's done it for me, over and over again.  I know my "platform" is small, but I will use it each time I can to give HIM the glory. 

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin

2 comments:

  1. It is a crazy, crazy, world these days. But, yes, it all is in HIS hands.... It is what it is, and we all need to trust that His will will be done. Smiles & (virtual-only of course) Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete