Monday, March 16, 2020

Motivational Monday - We're All In This Together

Good Monday Morning!

Well, what a crazy weekend!  I'm pretty sure, if I may make this analogy; we've waited in line at the roller coaster, picked a seat, buckled up and now we are headed up to the top of the first....are you feeling this way too?

I know my platform is small, but I will use it to be an encouragement.   We are all in this together.  We can help each other by our words and deeds.  We may be quarantined to our geographical area, but we still can be an ecouragement to each other no matter how far.  The beauty of social media or the internet is that!  If your feed is full of the other....don't read it!  Do your part, don't share it either.  In fact, post the opposite.  

Now, I've always been a "prepper" we just live this way.  My mom and dad they lived through the depression and WWII rations and never really got over it.  My mom had tins and tins of flour hoarded in the basement.  It was all unusable, but, it just shows her thoughts of feeding a large family.  This hoarding and clearing the shelves on the other hand, is horrible!  When we are through this, I hope people will think about being a bit more prepared.  

O.k, with that said, I can't do anything about the virus or quarantines, but here are a few things I can do.  Pray for others.  Be kind.  Share.  Be a good neighbor.  Use this opportunity for good.  I have been blessed with so much, live a prepared life and if I can't find a way to use that and this to help others, I'm not doing what Jesus has called me to do.  

I challenge you today, rather than motivate, to find a way to show your neighbor that "yes, we are all in this together and I will do my part to help."  Even if it is a small step in the right direction, rather than a leap into the other.  

I have been resting on this:  


It's become my "life" verse....

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

3 comments:

  1. I must admit that I have extras on hand - just because. In the past we've been food-poor and lived paycheck to paycheck so I tend to get some extra in when it's on sale 'just in case'. I've said it before on my blog that I've intended to use up some of my stock as I was trying to slimline things. Maybe it's a good time to be a procrastinator lol as I never did it completely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. Too much blaming this person and that person. We need to come together and act like adults. Look around and think about those who will not have a paycheck now that things are shutting down. I feel blessed but worry about others. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we are all in this together....but the selfishness of some is so frustrating. I stopped for milk, 1/2 & 1/2, eggs, bread and lettuce...things I buy every week... Was not able to get anything other than whole milk (and a whole gallon at that) or almond milk. No eggs, no bread, no lettuce, no 1/2 & 1/2...no 1/2 gallons of milk and not even gallon sized of 2% or skim. Yikes. Obviously people are buying more than they normally do or need...without thought for those who come behind them. SMH.... Stay safe.... Robin

    ReplyDelete