Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Tips on Tuesday - Take Time for Yourself

It has been almost a year since I declared..."it's Myonday" in my life.  One thing that worked to "reclaim" my 2019 was that!  Read about it here:  
https://dickybirdsnest.blogspot.com/2019/01/motivational-monday-its-myonday.html

It actually was/is something I look forward to; Monday is "my on day."  Granted, I wasn't always able to do a whole day.  However, keeping with "Myonday" made me mindful of and placed a value on me.  As a self-employed, woman, wife, mother; in all of those roles, often times allowed little time for me and my interests.  I hope after you read this post, you will decide to create you own "my on day."  Let it be a time for you and keep up with it too!  It has been one of the best things I've done.   Do the things you enjoy.



5 Tips to Help You Take Time for Yourself

1.  Write it down, make an appointment with yourself.  If you don't schedule some little time for you, something else will.  I would suggest even going out the whole month.  Maybe you only have a Tuesday from 3-5 while your kids are at dance kind of thing.  Write you in during that time - declare that time for you.

2.  Let everyone know when your "my on time" is.  I told people, "well, I can't Monday, I'm booked."  I was, with myself...not a lie.  Don't make yourself available during your me time either.  

3.  Unplug, unconnect, free yourself from social media, messenger, texts....etc....

4.  Don't feel guilty about it.  "Only YOU can make yourself feel ...(fill in the blanks)...." about it.  I had a counselor tell me that line 25 years ago and I repeat to myself all the time.  You are actually doing yourself a favor by taking a little break.  

Last, but not least, is rather a suggestion....

5.  Use a bit of this time for some self reflection, prayer, meditation, yoga...whatever it is you do for your body, do also for your mind and spirit.  Our mental health, effects so much of our physical body.  Don't even get me started on the spiritual .... I'll be preachin' .... teehee  My brother, who is also my pastor, has a line he says..."I wish I had me a preachin' church, church preach to yourself, build yourself up in God's word."

 Psalms 51:10:  Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit in me. 

I hope these 5 tips will encourage you to take some time for yourself. 

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.     

1 comment:

  1. I usually take Saturdays to do what I like...except when I work the store. Then its my Sunday. Janice

    ReplyDelete