Monday, January 14, 2019

Motivational Monday - It's "Myonday"

What is "Myonday?"  It's a word I came up with (I just googled it, yep someone else thought of this too!) tee hee, I sure can make myself laugh!  My on day....it's a part of my RECLAIM journey of 2019.  

You know, I'm self-employed right?!?  Town Hall Trinkets, LLC is - not only my job, but passion.  When you hustle, haul and resell, you go when called.  Many times, to make a sale, close a contract or buy an estate, I make myself available 24/7.  Not anymore....not because I can't, rather because I need to RECLAIM a time for me.   

I had many calls in December..."can you"....all of these potential clients I told..."not until after the holidays."  So, I had a call and this is how it went...."you SAID, to call after the new year (it was like 1/3/19!) what day THIS week are you coming?!"  I just about said, "I'll come today" when it hit me..."who's business is this anyway....mine or theirs?"  And that right there is how "My on day" was born!

I happen to choose Monday, because I like a day in the beginning of the week to organize my thoughts, lists, home, laundry, etc....for me/us...my houshold.  A day that I am mindful of things I want to do.  Granted, no one really gets a whole day to do what they want to do in adulthood.  But my calling it "My on day" is a helpful reminder.  "Dicky Bird, what do you want to do today?"  Well, today I choose....even if it's only for an hour.

So, for this Motivational Monday, I want to encourage you to declare a "My on day" for yourself.  Take some time to reconnect with you and the things you enjoy doing.  RECLAIM a moment of your week to be "on" for you.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin - where today, I will be baking, felting and re purposing.....it's "My on day"....some of this if for my business, but I choose to do it today!    





Linked to:  http://www.create-with-joy.com/2019/01/inspire-me-monday-week-365.html

4 comments:

  1. What a great word and a good reminder to look after yourself and have some "me" time. I was gifted some felting tools and such for Christmas so am keen to have a go felting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I really enjoy your motivational Monday post. My time is the walk I do each day. Even on the busiest days I try to do at least a little walk. I use the time to clear my head and I always have my camera with me so I take some photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Happy Myonday to you Dicky Bird!!! Today is a good day to hav reclaimed and perfect for what you planned.....it’s so dreary out there and I bet your house smells fantastic from the baking.... I always feel so guilty doing what “I” want to do during the daylight hours....so I guess I claim the night time hours for me (gee...it might be a lot easier to see those tiny stitches in the daylight ...maybe I need to reconsider this.) ;-). Smiles & Myonday Hugs ~ Robin (You do know that now my spell check will forever spell the first day of the incorrectly, don’t you???) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen sister. We all need me time. Mine is usually on Saturdays when I am alone and able to do what i want to. Myonday to you Jacky! Janice

    ReplyDelete