Wednesday, January 29, 2020

January Progression

One of my blogging friends, Sharon from:  My NEW Uneventful Life: 

 https://mynewuneventfullife.blogspot.com/
who also is an amazing photographer:  
Tales From Over the Garden Wall:
   
https://overthemichgangardenwall.blogspot.com/

inspires me in many ways.  One of them, is how she has created an accountability for her progress on projects.  She is part of my UFO (unfinished objects) group on facebook, but sad to say, that group is a UFO for me.....teeheee....

So, in keeping with more of my accountability, using my word of the year - Progression - I plan to post on the last Wednesday of each month - that month's progression.  It's really to keep me in check, some days I need checking on...

I have a list of "monkeys on my back" so to speak, for January that I have been working on.  Truth...I have a list like that every month.  It is unfortunately, some of my thoughts during my laying awake hours at 1:30 am!  

Most of my blog posts this month have been on setting goals, budgeting - money, time and emotions and cleaning out.  My progression on those has actually been amazing - even if it's guilting myself into doing it - "you should really do this, rather than that" kind of thing.  We did Netflix a new season of a show we like, all in one day....but now it's over...back to work.  

One little thing I will share with you is about cleaning out the freezer.  I did make the apple sauce and a Motivational Monday post to boot...but, I didn't share about the "mystery containers" I found.  Well, it's not really a mystery, but I didn't remember what meat was in them.  Often times, when I roast something I will cook the carcass and pan drippings down and make stock.  Sometimes, I don't have the time that day so I will freeze it.   When I have several of these, I will make a bone broth.  These ended up being turkey...from Thanksgiving...





After this cooks down for a few hours, I strain off the broth and put it in the refrigerator until the next day.  I do this because, I skim off the fat from the top.  I put 4 cups in a bag for the freezer for later use in soups or sauces.  Also, I picked through the bones/meat and had 2 meals; turkey and gravy over biscuits and turkey vegetable soup....speaking about budgeting....money saving and good too.  There is a completeness I get from cooking this way.  I feel I've done my part in using every last bit of it.    





If you don't do this, give it a try.  I can tell you, once you've tasted the difference, you will keep doing it.  

So, on to February and I hope my progression is productive!

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  


5 comments:

  1. ooooh we are both trying hard. i cleaned out my freezer recently, and did not have anything "good" like you did!! but it needed to be wiped out and a few thing were freezer burnt and tossed!!

    good luck with your list and your "progression"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I leave cleaning out the freezer to hubby. He takes care of it, while I do house cleaning. Turkey soup sounds yummy, one of my favorites. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy weekend ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jacky, thanks so much for coming by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the mention! I totally forgot about the UFO group! I had to go look it up. I have a lot of half finished projects and even more planned but not happened lol. I'm thinking of just having a sort out and getting rid of some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a few unmentionables in my freezer too! Janice

    ReplyDelete