Monday, January 6, 2020

Motivational Monday - Near or Far Sighted

Good, first Monday of the year 2020, Morning!

Have you seen all the "2020 Vision" captions, titles, headings...etc.?  If truth be told, I was thinking of doing one like it too...until I saw all the others....come on, you can't help but use that - it's perfect for a new year's blog post.   

2020 vision is something I do not have; I'm very nearsighted!  In 4th grade, we were required to put down the time we began a test and the time we ended.  Besides, not understanding what 11:45 was, as I knew it as "quarter to 12".... I struggled with that task.  I remember having to ask my friend "what time is it?" and the teacher thought we were cheating.  Finally, that teacher sent a note home telling my mom that she thought I needed glasses.  

When I put on my first pair of glasses, I said to my mom "do you mean we have stripes on our walls?  (we had wood paneling)  That's how bad my eyes were/are.   She felt so bad, "Dicky Bird, you didn't see the 'stripes'?" ....."nope!".  At 53, I can't do a thing without my glasses on.  Well, truth be told, even with bifocals, sometimes I can't do a thing with them on either. Ugghhh...

This post IS on the lines of a 2020 vision, however, let's talk about "nearsighted and farsighted."  Nearsighted, is you can't see things unless they are up close to your eyes. Farsighted, is you can't see things that are too close to your eyes.  

My "life vision", how I see things, is actually farsighted.  I can see things I want out in the future.  I'm just not nearsighted in how to get there.  When I plan an event, I can see how I want it to be, the end result.  Sometimes, my dream and what actually got done are very different.  I no longer tell people my grand plans, because sometimes it doesn't happen.  Not everyone needs to know all the things whirling around in this old noggin' of mine...they only need see what I have accomplished.    

It works good for Al and I as a couple, because Al can see the steps it takes to get there.  If I say I want to put up a greenhouse, which I do this year, I see what I want it to look like.  I draw him a picture and he makes a list of supplies, knows what tools to use, what L brackets are...(I don't)....I just know I want a greenhouse.   We balance each other out.  It's wonderful to have a partner like this.  Especially, one who does most of the "work" too....teehee....

So today's motivation would be:

Go to the eye doctor and see if you need glasses.....no....unless you can't see....go to the doctor.  

Stop telling people all your plans....no...well maybe...I still struggle with that.....  

Go out and find yourself a partner to balance your weakness with....no....but, if you need one, keep this in mind.

Nope, I think today's motivation, it being January and the beginning of a new year, would be to work on both.  Figure out if your near or far sighted, in your life vision.  That is step one.  Being farsighted in my life vision, I work backwards, so I would keep my image in mind and work on figuring out how to get there.  I need to start by making a list of steps.  If your life vision is nearsighted, don't think on each step so much as a job, or a list of tasks to cross off.  Rather look for a way to help you see your end project or goal in a more dreamy way...because, I'm thinking maybe you don't....you just see the work involved.   Vision farsighted people are always dreaming...we know we have to work, but don't see each task.

For me, personally, I am limiting my vision to 1 week at a time kinda thing.  Otherwise, it's all too overwhelming.  Set some small goals that will be easy to accomplish and then move on to the big ones.  

By next Monday, I see a clean, organized basement.  Now, Dicky Bird, how do you get there.  When Al left this morning, he came up from the basement and said "I'm starting at this shelf!..." (that is the WHY to my motivation of the basement....he will throw it all away....).  Now, I wouldn't start there, but...I need to start.  Step 1 - check;  small goal - check; getting up to do it - after 1 more cuppa'....hahahaha  




Pick your step 1 and good luck!  Have a great week. 

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  







2 comments:

  1. I am nearsighted as well. I have to plan out things to a "T" otherwise things are a mess. Bob is my builder....and I am the planner. Currently have been planning our next adventure for months now...each evening after work. Cannot wait to see it come to fruition. Great visionary post! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a planner, but my husband is...like down to the minute. At this point I wear progressive lens trifocals. Fun...lol

    ReplyDelete