Thursday, January 16, 2020

Thrift Store Thursday - Smart Storage

I've seen so many #tags trending; #smartstorage.  In keeping up with selling to this new group of homemakers, young families and savvy, sassy 20 somethings...I need to keep a pulse on the trends.  I've done my fair share of asking them too.  

It seems to me, that if something is useful, serves a purpose, isn't too crazy in design, has a "pop" of color, they will buy it.   So, while I was thrifting with one of my savvy, sassy 20 something on a recent visit with her, I had her give me some ideas.  

I found this little tray or caddy for $1.49.  Yes, it's probably from 1990 something, brown wood however, it had potential.  I wasn't sure what yet, but I bought it.   





Sand, prep and paint and I would add...save (I saved it).

I also found these ironstone coffee mugs.  



These are called restaurant ware: " Restaurant ware, or most commonly hotelware is vitrified, ceramic tableware which exhibits high mechanical strength and is produced for use in hotels and restaurantsTableware used in railway dining cars, passenger ships and airlines are also included in this category."

Ironstone is everywhere now, reproduced and expensive.  Hey, I found these...on the bottom shelf...1/2 off day....$0.19 each!  I would rather have old than new any day!




I think this qualifies as simple, useful, clean lines, pop of color.  This little ensemble will be my January Grouping Giveaway.  To enter, leave me a comment.  Tag my blog for an additional 5 entries.  Thanks!  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

Linked to:  
https://mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com/2020/01/2019-vintage-charm-feature-of-year-and.html#more

2 comments:

  1. Restaurant ware is so hot in our store right now. We also call it Buffalo china. Bob had a 20 something who only wanted 3 chairs because her table was up against the wall. He told her to buy the matching 4, pull out her table, but the 4th cahir in and back the table back into the chair....she never thought to do that. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out so cute and it's perfect for Valentine's Day! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete