Monday, January 13, 2020

Motivational Monday - Thanks Noggin

I've not been sleeping like I use to.  "This old hen, she ain't what she usta be, ain't what she usta be...."  In aging one must just laugh, accept and keep moving forward.  

I've had some insomnia issues.  I know it is linked to the stage of life I'm in.  When I wake up at 3 am, I go downstairs and try to fall back to sleep in the recliner.  This was the case the other night.  

I was able to fall back to sleep and had the craziest dream.  Probably due to some apnea from sleeping in the recliner...eeeeekk...  The dream was so interesting.  Our brain is an amazing organ.  Not only does it control our physical ability, it is our internal computer; doing a multitude of tasks and keeping track of them.  So, it is easy for me to believe, when I'm dreaming in this semiconscious state, my mind is helping me work out my problems, ideas, difficulties; whatever it is, my mind has been pondering.  I believe that is the "why" of this dream.  I will share part of it with you.  

In my dream, I was conducting an estate sale.  It happened to be here at my house.  Well, a customer brought up some items to buy and they were from my kitchen...I said..."hey, I'm not selling 'everything' here!', some of this is mine."  Then I looked at it and said "well, o.k. I guess I can sell that."  The customer tells me, "I'm so excited...I'm going to open a shop called "ConJUNKtion JUNKtion."  In true me fashion...I started to rattle off all kinds of ideas..."oh, you could find a depot to rent, or a box car, put up this kind of a sign...that kind...."  I do this while I'm awake.  I always try to help other entrepreneurs and give them my ideas, whether they want it or not.  

So, when I woke up I was singing..."ConJUNKtion, ConJUNKtion, what's your FUNKtion" - you know like Schoolhouse Rock.  That little ditty, sure stuck with me all of these years.  So the idea came to me to set up an event, here at my farm. 


I created an event called:  "It's a conJUNKtion FUNKtion"  link here: 
 https://www.facebook.com/events/2489450904626407/

To motivate you today, I would encourage you to take note of your dreams.  Try to figure out their meaning, what is your body and mind telling you?  Some of my most impactful healing came to me in my dreams.  Vivid, colorful, wonderful dreams.  Thanks noggin...and thanks for the inspiration for a new event.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like an amazing event I do so wish I lived near enough to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for putting that song in my head now.... but a great name for your pop up event! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol I am laughing so hard! This could be me - but the dream different. Ugh. I am hating this time of life. I'm trying to go with the flow regarding the sleeping patterns. As for the dreams - they are really quite wild. I never thought about writing them down.

    ReplyDelete