Friday, January 3, 2020

Thrift Store Thursday

Thrift Store Thursday 2020 #1

We went to visit Anna yesterday and in true "Luetschwager Style" we went thrift shopping.  We found some fun things.   We even found a real Wisconsin 1885-95 treasure.



Al found me in the store and asked, "are you interested in a sewing machine?"  I said, "No!"  He said "are you sure, it's really nice....just come over here and look at it."  "O.k." I reluctantly said.  When we walked over to it and opened it up and looked at the machine, "Yes, I WANT that!"  Just as we did all this another lady came over too...."we're getting this....(wink,wink) I said" .... this always happens .... ughh...she still proceeded to watch us to make sure we did take it.  Even as the guy was pulling it to the check out another person asked about it...."I'm buying that" I said....ughh....





 The machine...just so pretty....





We did a Google search and this business was in operation for over 131 years in Milwaukee.  He started selling sewing machines in 1885 from his horse and wagon.  He later sold pump organs and pianos.  I plan to clean, oil and keep.  It was $40.   

This quilt top I found and I would love to finish it too.  So bright and pretty, with hand embroidery stitches.  It's twin size and I paid $14.  I also bought all the other quilt pieces; some squares, others just tops and pieces, they were $3 - 5 each.  Those I will repurpose into pillows or something.




Happy thrifting my friends.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

Linked to:  https://mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com/2020/01/vintage-charm-party-213-and-december.html#more

7 comments:

  1. Great find Jacky (errrr Al !!) That machine is beautiful. The quilt top is beautiful too. Love to know the story of it and all it's many pretty pieces! So much hand work there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s what this is all about the perfect find to US! I really don’t care what anyone else thinks of my treasures....just think of my great Halloween chicken priceless! Or Buffalo check designer Jacky chair!
    Enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. $40 dollars was a steal. A beautiful steal. Great find by the way. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great find I LOVED the sewing machine. The quilt tops were also a delight and wonderful to know that they will become something and start a new life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a great find! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm--pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never seen a sewing machine cupboard like this and I was fascinated. So glad it found a good home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a steal! I definitely would have had a hard time passing this one up!🙋‍♀️

    ReplyDelete