Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Valentine Scones

I wanted to make something special today for our ladies bible study today, I was thinking scones.  Then I remembered I had this antique heart pan/mold - I've always wanted to use it.  So, heart shaped orange, craisin scones it is.




Orange, Craisin Scones

2 C flour
2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1/3 C sugar
Mix together

1 egg
1/2 C heavy cream
1 t almond extract
zest of 1 orange
Whisk together in separate bowl
Add to dry mix

1/2 C cold butter cut into very small pieces
mix/blend with the mixture
beat in
1/2 C craisins

Bake 425 for 10-12 min.  






Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.

Linked to:  http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com/2017/02/foodie-friday-and-everything-else_16.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FkkeNxN+%28Rattlebridge+Farm%29

3 comments:

  1. Yummy and I also love that heart tin. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...my...goodness...Two of my very favoritest things in the world in one post....old molds (especially hearts!) and scones!!! YIKES!!!!!! Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day my friend... Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete