Friday, February 24, 2017

Five on Friday - Inspiration

For my Five on Friday, I decided to post 5 things that inspired me this week.  

1.  The unseasonably warm weather we have enjoyed this week in my "neck of the woods."  I was outside in only a sweatshirt...it's February in Wisconsin.  The snow was gone, but like Winter in Wisconsin it returned today with 12" expected.

2.  At the beginning of the week, I posted about "just keep swimming" - in relation to my business and slow sales.  Well, I had a great week at my booths and even sold a huge cabinet I was not looking forward to moving to another booth...so YAY!  

3.  With the warm weather, I was able to go out in my pole building and dig for new inventory.  I had a pile of hangers from various estates in my way, they were a tangled mess so I made myself organized them.  I actually found $350 in a wallet that was sewn into a cover over one of those hangers.  I was so excited....like a treasure hunt.  This normally never happens, just so you know.

4.  My daily bible reading.  I find the more I read, the more His word is applicable to the world we live in.  I was reading in II Corinthians 13:13 and this really struck me; "...live in peace and the God of love and peace will be with you."  You all know that it has been a very contentious time here in the USA.  Everyone is at odds over everything....it's really difficult to even have discussions with people.  Anyway, I found comfort in that verse and happen to think...those rioting and protesting violently, are not at peace or living in peace...they won't find peace either.  I'm all for standing up for what you believe in - having a voice - showing it...with actions...but, peaceably.  

5.  My husband's work ethic and ability to fix stuff himself and save money.  He had a problem with his truck.  He looked on you tube and found other people with this same problem and they showed how to fix it.  He was able to fix it without taking it to the mechanic.  He does this all the time.  We had some bad news about our well...it is over 60-70 years old...anyway, he has figured out a way to "make it work (fingers crossed...)" until Spring when the professionals can dig in the ground....it's been warm, but it still is February in Wisconsin.

I hope you enjoyed reading my 5 this week.  I look forward to reading others in the links too.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

Linked to:  http://lovemademyhome.blogspot.com/2017/02/five-on-friday-linkup-post-12.html


11 comments:

  1. Wonderful "inspired" five! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your husband sounds like a practical man, I think we'd get along! We do all the work on our cars and motorcycles because the sight of a mechanics fees would likely give me a heart attack! Thanks for joining in with Five on Friday, look forward to keeping up with you in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was unseasonably warm here in Michigan too. The storms have now been through and the temperature is dropping. We're only due for flurries - thank goodness! Husband used to do a lot of work on cars but the newer the cars get the more difficult some of the stuff seems to be - or maybe he's just using it as an excuse.

    Happy Five on Friday

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband is forever looking up DIY videos on Youtube and fixing things too. It's great that he can do that, saves a lot of money. I enjoyed your 5 all good things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did enjoy reading your 5 inspirations for the week.... Glad your sales picked up...and, well, of course, the extra little windfall you found will certainly help out. And so true about the peace.... I am so discouraged by our society.... :o( Hope you're staying warm and safe...you had me thinking about bean soup and biscuits all day!! Smiles & Friday Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. A good five for this week. My husband looks up all kinds of things on youtube, too, for fixing vehicles and boats. It does save a lot of money. Glad your shop sales picked up. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice that your husband can fix things.Mine is a carpenter. Glad to hear your sales picked up and still in awe at the money you found. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Five lovely things for your Five on Friday this week. My husband is quite handy around the house too and can do most plumbing and electrical things but not the car, being able to do some of the work yourself does save quite a bit of money. Have a lovely weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jacky! So fun to find a fellow WI blogger. ;)

    Love your five - and that you're a thrifter!! How awesome to find money like that...a rare treasure to discover indeed!

    My Hubby is a handy fellow too and a talent I've been grateful for many times. I'll plan to visit you again soon and so happy we found each other through 5 on Fri.

    Blessings. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoyed my visit and catching a glimpse of your life through your Five on Friday post.

    Hope it's a wonderful week for you and your family...
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sorry to be late visiting, but I wanted to wait until the link had closed and I could write to everyone who had taken part. Thank you so much for your support of Five On Friday this week and in the weeks gone by. I do so appreciate it and have really enjoyed reading your posts. I hope that you will enjoy going to the new link up just as much and will continue to take part. I hope that I will still see you at my blog sometimes, I will of course still be visiting you sometimes too! Best wishes and many thanks.

    ReplyDelete