Friday, February 3, 2017

Five on Friday - Five Things That Made Me Happy This Week

I'm following the idea of Maggie at Normandy Life:  https://normandylife.blogspot.com/2017/02/five-on-friday-9-5-things-that-made-me.html 

Check out the cute horse on her blog - click on the link above.

Five things that made me happy this week.

1.  I found this picture of me and my dad on a family face book page.  I must have been about 3 or 4?  I was the last of 6 kids and my dad was 40 when I was born.  Well, his birthday is the day after mine - so he was almost 40....  My dad was 1/2 Native American - Potawatomi.  He was born and raised on a reservation near Crandon, Wisconsin. 


(ignore my picking my nose....lol)

2.  Part 2 of the picture above - my dad loved ugly sweaters too!!!  I laughed when I saw this picture.  Funny thing is, I can remember it, it was actually like mohair, soft and cozy.  Oh how I wish I had it to go with my other 40 or so vintage ugly sweaters.  (I wear them!)

3.  I have been trying to eat better and I made this brown rice, quinoa and raw veggies bowl.  It was very good.  I'm happy to say, I lost another 1.5 pounds so a grand total of 6.5 in January.  Yay!  



4.  After last week of being sick, I "kicked it up a notch" and was very productive this week.  Here is a post about it:  http://dickybirdsnest.blogspot.com/2017/02/what-im-working-on-wednesday.html  These wool hearts make me happy.



5.  I found this magazine and 2 pattern package at Sam's Club.  It had the Euro price.  For my new followers and friends from abroad, I fell in love with the word Haberdashery while in Scotland and Ireland.  I set up "pop up" sales.  I rent a building for a weekend or longer and set up a mini shop.  Similar to your "boot sales" - only not from my car - although I have done that too!  Anyway, I have plans to bring a Haberdashery of vintage sewing to my little piece of the world hopefully in April.  




I hope you each found something to be happy about this past week.  Thanks Maggie for the inspiration.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.

Linked to:   Thanks Amy from Love Made My Home for the blog hop.   http://lovemademyhome.blogspot.com/2017/02/five-on-friday-linkup-number-9.html

11 comments:

  1. Good morning from the Seattle area of Washington State. Thank you for your comment on my blog. Wonderful story about your daughter surviving her cancer. PTL. That is a great photo of you and your dad. Too funny about the ugly sweaters. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful job on the weight loss for January! Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hearts. Fun picture of you and your Dad ... I enjoy the family stories ... ugly sweaters indeed! Ha! So hard to lose weight ... good for you! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete

  4. Those hearts are really sweet! And congratulations on the weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely photo of you with your Dad. The wool hearts are very pretty:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you found lots of things to make you happy. I hope you have a happy weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The photo of you and your father is a sweet one to treasure. I really like the red hearts you are embroidering. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful photo. Love the idea of a pop-up shop, good luck with tha.t

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a handsome father! I like his sweater, too. You were lucky to be the last child instead of the first. I was the oldest of six and the only girl. I still have dishpan hands.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the photo with your Dad, lovely memories! Well done you on the weight loss! Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete