Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Hodge Podge Wednesday Q & A

"From This Side of The Pond" asks the questions, we answer...link here:  http://www.fromthissideofthepond.com/2017/02/gone-fishin-in-hodgepodge.html


1. Have you ever been fishing? Did you catch a fish? If so did you keep it or throw it back? If you haven't been fishing is that something you'd like to try?

I have fished plenty.  If they aren't big enough we throw them back.  The last time I went fishing, I took 2 boys from our church.  They were catching fish like crazy.  

Fish out of water, big fish in a small pond, living in a fishbowl, packed in like sardines, this is a fine kettle of fish, plenty of fish in the sea, or cut bait...which fishy phrase most recently applies to some area of your life?

I just did a blog post Monday - I say that I'm a little fish in a big pond.  In relationship to my business and what I do.

2. What's something you're always fishing for in your purse, wallet, desk, or kitchen junk drawer?

Keys or a pen

3. Your favorite fish tale or movie?

This was also in my blog post Monday...http://dickybirdsnest.blogspot.com/2017/02/motivational-monday-just-keep-swiming.html  Finding Nemo.

4. Are you sunrise, daylight, twilight or night? Explain why you chose your answer.

I am a sunrise, I love to wake up early and see the day begin.

5. What's the oldest piece of clothing you own and still wear?

Probably a pair of pajamas, they are old, but comfortable.  No one sees them anyway...well....

6. We've got one more month of (officially) winter here in the Northern hemisphere. Are you feeling the need for a getaway? What's been the best and worst part of your winter so far?

Yes, I wanted to just keep driving the other day and end up someplace south of here for an adventure.  The best and worst are the same...my husband had surgery and was off for 6 weeks.  Best because we were able to spend time together and worst because I had to shovel and use the snowblower.

7.  The Wednesday Hodgepodge lands on National Margarita Day...will you be celebrating? Frozen or on the rocks? Are you a Jimmy Buffet fan? If so, what's your favorite JB tune?

I don't drink.  I do love non-alcoholic ones; raspberry or strawberry would be my favorite.  I don't really know any Jimmy Buffet songs, but I do know the Alan Jackson song with him in it.  

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Our state bird is the Robin.  Here in Wisconsin, when you see a Robin, you know Spring is on it's way.  We have an old saying, "it has to snow 3 times upon a Robin's back before we can see Spring."  Do you have any sayings like this where you live?  I would love to hear them.

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you, Jacky! We're neighbors, I live in the UP of MI. I had never heard that about the robin, but I sure look for the first one in my yard each year. Usually we don't begin to see spring until the 15th of April. I just blogged about that last night. I will go back and explore your blog some more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes my oldest piece of clothing may just be a pair of pajamas my husband bought me 25 years ago they are still in the drawer and when I want to be comfy I wear them
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete