Monday, August 3, 2015

Wisconsin Valley Fair 2015

It's fair week here in Marathon County, Wisconsin.  This is one of my favorite times of year.  I am one of the superintendents of Department 18 - Cultural Arts.  I love checking the projects in and talking with the 4-Hrs.  Seeing their happy faces, watching them talk with the judge and sharing with their family and friends the results of their efforts..."I got a blue!"  We have some really talented kids in our county.



I am very excited this year, as I petitioned the Jr. Fair Board to add Collections to our department.  I was excited to find out that several kids signed up to bring a sample of their collection for our first year.   

I am also trying something new this year - for fun - for all 4-Hrs and 4-H leaders.  An Instameet.  4-H Instragramers will meet and be given our 2015 #tag and go walking about the fair and take pictures of animals, projects, food, rides - whatever they want.  We will check back under that #tag on Sunday at noon and the pictures with the most "likes" will receive a prize.  I hope fellow Instragramers join in.

    
 Our club's fair theme this year is "May the 4-H Be with You" - a Star Wars theme.  I will share this week's adventures with you in a blog post after the fair or you if you want follow along during the week on my Instragram....the link is up above...or, under Dickybirdsnest.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.

1 comment:

  1. That a great idea with the Instagram shots. I entered a lot of photos in our local fair too. It is a good thing to support our fairs. Funny here in Canada Red is first Blue is second. Hug B

    ReplyDelete