Sunday, August 30, 2015

Minnesota State Fair 2015

My Christmas gift last year from Al, was tickets to see Carrie Underwood at the Minnesota State Fair.  We went yesterday.  It's a part of my 50 things to do before I turn 50.  I plan to post more of them soon....




If you haven't been, this is quite possibly the largest state fair.   We have been there 3 times in the past 8 years and there is a sea of people and I mean sea...waves of crowds...to me, mind boggling.  

I don't like crowds like that...but, I do love Carrie Underwood.  So, as we made our way through the crowds all day...I became kinda crazy...I actually held my arms up like a robot or zombie and started saying "beep, beep," like a dump truck when it is in reverse...I know I looked crazy, sounded crazy, but I just couldn't take it.  One thing that gives me anxiety - is crowds of people.  Hey, I was already amped up from the 5 lanes of big city highway driving the swerving in and out, lane changes and I was just the passenger.  I think I've found a solution to that problem, on the way home, I just took off my glasses and looked at my phone...if I can't see it, I won't get anxious (I'm terribly farsighted and can literally see nothing with out my glasses).  Next thing I knew we were crossing the Mississippi River into good ol' Wisconsin.  

The concert was amazing.  Her voice is truly a gift from God!  One bad thing about going to a Carrie Underwood concert - everyone knows her songs and sings along....Hey, people I want to hear her sing that!  LOL  

Thanks Al for the fun day and crossing off another thing on my 50 by 50 list.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  




2 comments:

  1. glad you survived! yeah, that singing along would bother me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fairs, hate the crowds! She would be awesome to hear. I just completed writing my list of 49 things to do before 50! lol..

    ReplyDelete