Monday, August 17, 2015

Banana Oatmeal Nut Muffins




My snack as I write this post - with fresh brewed iced tea.  I had some over ripe bananas - but, no butter.  I couldn't use my usual recipe, so I made up this recipe...it is really good!  Best part, you can mix it all in 1 big bowl.  

Banana Oatmeal Nut Muffins

3 ripe bananas, mashed




to mashed banana add 2 large eggs.  My chickens are banties - so I used 2 of their eggs and 1 egg white 



Add:  1 teaspoon vanilla
           1 cup milk
           1/3 cup oil
           1 teaspoon cinnamon
           1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
           1/2 teaspoon salt
           1 teaspoon baking soda
           2 teaspoon baking powder


Mix all together.  Add dry ingredients:
     1/2 cup sugar
     1 cup rolled oats
     2 cups flour
     1/2 cups chopped walnuts





In a small bowl, mix some rolled oats with cinnamon and stir together with honey till all mixed and crumbly.  Add this to tops of muffins before baking.




Bake 350 for 30-35 minutes



Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.

Linked to:  http://strangersandpilgrimsonearth.blogspot.com/2015/08/the-art-of-home-making-mondays-please_17.html

No comments:

Post a Comment