Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Apple Bars

Apple Bars

4 C flour
2 1/3 sugar
1 1/2 C butter
5-8 apples (peeled and sliced) (I used my freezer apples....from last year)
1/2 tsp. salt
cinnamon, apple pie spice

Combine flour, 2 cups sugar, salt and butter in a food processor till blended into crumb mixture.  Press 1/2 into a jelly roll pan.

Sprinkle sliced apples with 1/3 c sugar, cinnamon and apple pie spice.  Stir and put on top of crumb mixture in pan.  

Crumble remaining mixture on top - sprinkle with additional cinnamon.  

Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until bubbly and light brown.

I guess I made these apple bars for a 4-H meeting a few years back, Stacy asked me to share the recipe with her.  She now says it is her family's favorite.  She also made this with peaches.  I forgot the recipe - I only remembered it was out of an old cook book.

Her daughter, Lindsey made them for her fair entry "family favorite" and won a blue ribbon.  Lindsey shared the recipe with me again...I made them for our coffee cup bible study and they were a hit.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

Linked to:  http://mymaplehillfarm.blogspot.com/2015/08/the-maple-hill-hop-93.html

No comments:

Post a Comment