Monday, February 25, 2019

Motivational Monday - His "Honey Do" List

It's Monday already?!  HELP!  

I was rather motivated this morning and I accomplished most everything on my list, including giving the dog a bath and cutting her nails.  She hates that!  

I wrote about "MyONday" (read it here:  https://dickybirdsnest.blogspot.com/2019/01/motivational-monday-its-myonday.html) and I repeat this to myself - "it's myONday!"  I was looking forward to doing what I wanted to do today, like needle felt the day away.  However, when I flipped my inspirational daily calendar...it said..."a worthy wife is her husband's joy and crown."  Prov. 12:4 ....ughhh....  So, to motivate me, I made my list of things Al would want me to do and the dog was top on his list - she was stinky. 

So, he will be home soon to scrubbed floors, vacuumed furniture and rugs, sorted laundry, made bed...(teehee), dusted cabinets and saucy steaks in the oven.  Yep, it wasn't "myONday" - but, his.  In doing these tasks, even though I didn't want to, I do feel quite motivated!  I might even make a dessert!  

Next time you feel less than eager to complete some tasks on his "honey do list" - think about Prov. 12:4.  


Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

4 comments:

  1. Yep my MyONday was Saturday when I worked our store. I dont often work as I already have a full time job, but Bob asked to so I did! You did get a lot accomplished!!!! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. You’re too funny...but I get it.... And, sometimes, I am most motivated (and most productive) when I don’t HAVE to do anything and there are no expectations of me. I bet Al was happy and you just might find him turning that calendar back day after day. ;-) Robin

    ReplyDelete