Monday, February 11, 2019

Motivational Monday - Cabin Fever

Seems like this winter has held many of us hostage over the past 3 weeks.  Polar Vortex, ice storms, blizzards...more tomorrow...it's hard to get motivated.  It's a worry to drive anywhere in this, but life must go on.  As a self-employed woman, I have to keep up with my client appointments and consignment pickups.  This has been hard to do.  I've had to cancel and/or change - EVERY one of them!  I even had one of my new clients message me yesterday (this week would have been the 3rd attempt to meet) - "let's just do 'this' in Spring!"  Yes, there's that!

I did have the Wausau Antique Show this past weekend.  It was a frigid set up with the gymnasium overhead doors open all day (-15 or so?) for loading, slippery/slimmy floors and snow blowing in.  It took me over an hour and a hot bath to quit shivering when I returned home.  The first day of the sale the morning temperature at my farm -25!  However, that did not stop the customers.  It was a busy day pretty much all day.  Sunday welcomed steady snow fall all day about 5" or so!  I'm glad I live only 20 miles from the venue.  We had a fun sale with many customers "getting" our haberdashery look.  The antique paper stopped and talked with us and took some pictures.  I don't know it will make the "cut" - but, was nice to be noticed.  

I didn't post a Motivation Monday last week...I wasn't too motivated I guess...Al and I both fell on the snow covered ice...I procrastinated working on my inventory...oh, other things...sometimes I just can't stand me!  I need to do better.  Lisa and I were talking and I said..."you know, we really aren't that successful!"  When it was mild in December, we should have been digging!  We said it to each other...but, neither listened!  LOL





So new Monday, still snowing, still cancelling client appointments and stuck here in good ol' Ringle....but, I'm motivated?!?....At least, I'm telling myself that!   I'm going to empty my van, today, before the next round of snow.  I am going to go to the shop I sell at and add new inventory, today, before the next round of snow.  I have to meet with a new doctor, today, before the next round of snow.  I have to....I think you get it....today, before the next round of snow.

However, tomorrow, when I am stuck here in good ol' Ringle, cabin fever setting in, I will needle felt!  I have a class to teach and need to make various prototypes.  I will also work on my class for the UWSP - "What to Keep, What to Sell and What do Donate" - which I found out was SOLD out.  (eeeek!).  I will let the "we are not successful at this" lessons....cabin fever....snow....motivate me to get things done when I have a change in my schedule to take advantage of getting ahead...or at least try.  

What do you do to motivate yourself in the type of weather?  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

5 comments:

  1. Great post! I feel your cabin fever! I have it too. It is getting to the point where I am tired of winter. I'm sorry you fell on the ice too. The ice seems really bad this year as we've had cold then warmer, then back to cold again. I love the photos of your haberdashery items. I love visiting these departments in shops when I'm home. I wish I was closer so I could walk (hate driving in the snow!) over to your house for a needle-felting lesson lol. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I teach primary school and when we have bad weather I usually clean and cook, a lot. I enjoy the time at home. During the spring my daughter plays softball and I am gone so much. It's nice to have time at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Monday Girlfriend.... Yes, I thought of you and the other dealers this weekend...especially Sunday...the packing up, the drive home....Your and Lisa’s booth was adorable!! Your packaging and displays so incredibly sweet! I had planned on coming back around to “re-look” at those things I wanted to think on and to look at those I missed...but I dawdled too long elsewhere and was worried about Snowdog... It’s hard to be motivated when every other day we get slammed with snow....I have canceled more appointments and errands than I care to remember.....something tells me there’s going to be a “log jam” come spring LOL. Stay safe and warm tomorrow....they keep upping the total accumulations...and now ice being thrown in as well. EEEEK.... Hope to see you the end of this week....fingers crossed! Monday Hugs ~ Robin. (Oh yeah...”what motivates me?” Ummm...the thought of my husband returning from Quebec and the mess I have made on every surface in this house while he was gone and I was forced to hibernate and left to my own devices LOL...I have some serious picking up and cleaning to do....)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well unfortunately I have to work, so motivation for me is just getting up to do that. I will however be working from home tomorrow with the ice storm turning to 6 inches of snow. Great post! I do remember one year when my dad and I use to do the craft show circuit. It was freezing rain the entire day of the show...and it was our BEST show. Folks then must have had cabin fever as they came out in droves. Hope you did well at your show.Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a joy to see all your haberdashery items, such a shame I don't live anywhere near you otherwise I would be over not only to buy up your haberdashery but to learn felting. I always have a project on the go to keep me motivated and thankfully we don't have extreme weather like you.

    ReplyDelete