Thursday, February 21, 2019

Rhythm of the Season

If there is one thing I enjoy, it's a routine, detailed calendar, schedule of what to do...not that I do it all...but, the accountability and documentation is needed.  

When my girls were little, we would spend our summer days lallygagging it away.  When school would roll back around, I had a list of all the fun stuff we did each and every day!  I started that because a friend of mine said to me..."what did you do all summer?"  We enjoyed the "Rhythm of the Season."  I'm so happy we did!



It is in January and February that maybe we change that to .... "submit to the rhythm of the season."  I took that quote from a youtuber I watch - it was just what I had been thinking on.  Here is a link to their channel, The Elliott Homestead:  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0Z-pSogImY&t=4s
I said to Al, "we are held captive to winter."  

I see all kinds of posts about relating to how L O N G this snowy winter has been.  Spring is ____ days away.  You know the ones I'm talking about.  I'm over here in the same leggings one of my 4H mom's gave me as a gift on Monday night...is today Thursday?  I need to take a shower!  

This....that...is the rhythm of my week.  However, I have enjoyed this quiet, creative time.  I've seen the #tags, #intentionalslothing.  Really?  Do we need a #tag for everything?  I don't know about you, but the rhythm of all that is getting to be too much!

Back to the rhythm of this post...teehee 

I'm telling you, in May when I have a ground full of seeds to plant, gardens to weed, 2 antique shows in a row....I want to think back on this time, the rhythm of this season.  This will get me through that.  "To everything there is a season,"  Ecclesiates 3: 1-8.  I know we are held captive, but we need to enjoy this too.  Submit to the rhythm of letting our bodies rest, our minds dream, our spirits recharge.

So today my dear friends, if you are shoveling that 5" of snow, running round bales through drifts to the feeders, at your 9-5 desk looking out the window or sitting at your laptop in the same clothes since Tuesday....it's alright!  This is the rhythm - let's drum up a beat, dance a little jig, skip an extra step....because, before you know it...we will be longing for these days again.   Enjoy it!

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  


3 comments:

  1. "I'm over here in the same leggings one of my 4H mom's gave me as a gift on Monday night...is today Thursday? I need to take a shower!" made me bust out laughing - it's true of me, almost every word! yesterday when the hubs and i took pictures, i had to hide my "marge simpson" hair. good thing you could not tell my teeth had fur on them!!

    i love winter, the slower pace, the cold fresh air...the stillness of my life. i just have to work on my winter hygiene!!!

    oh and it rained last night and our snow is gone, good thing we never shoveled!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have some snow. We continue to receive heavy rainfall flooding all types of places, though snow can be aggravating too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really great post Jacky....and oh how I agree on the part that we are being held captive by the season. (I really think they need to send in a hostage negotiator LOL). Seriously, though....you are right...we need this recharging period... Our summers are so very short that when they are here, we are in overdrive... And as much I pesonalluy dislike the snow and cold, I have to secretly admit that I like having an excuse to be holed up and working on projects waiting for the (latest) storm to pass and sharpening some of my “nesting” instincts that have become a bit rusty (like cooking, baking, etc.). And, yeah....I get the “hmmm, I guess I should shower” thing.... ;-) Hope you’re ready fo the next round.... Happy Weekend-to-be! Robin

    ReplyDelete