Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Week 47 - Applesauce Oatmeal Cookies


While Al was plowing us out from the 15" or more of snow, I mixed up a batch of these cookies for him to have when he came in from the cold.  I just threw together the ingredients in a bowl and stirred together with a wooden spoon.  This is simple cookie with simple ingredients.  

Dicky Bird's Simple Applesauce Oatmeal Cookie

1 1/2 C oatmeal
1 1/2 C flour
1 C brown sugar
1 stick super soft butter
2 eggs
pinch or two salt
1 t baking powder (I just used the end of the wooden spoon)
1/2 C applesauce (I used my own-flavored with cinnamon)

Mix together in a bowl.  Lightly spray cookie sheets, drop by rounded tablespoon and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.  Bake 8-10 minutes at 350.  Makes 2 dozen.



Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

5 comments:

  1. Those look absolutely delicious! A lovely treat on a snowy day. The weather forecast here said only a couple of inches of snow, but I think someone messed up on their measuring! I think the birds knew - despite the ice storm yesterday they were out feeding like crazy and today we have snow galore! Husband is not happy he will have to come home from work, snowblow and clear off the room again. Stay warm and safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They looked delicious. What a wonderful treat and well deserved it seems after shovelling that amount of snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have made these before and so yummy! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look and sound wonderful Jacky!! I’ve been craving some good homemade baking....was going to mix up one of my favorite cookies today, but didn’t have the ingredients. I need to become more willing to experiment with substitutions, etc. Not having something called for never held up my mother...but it paralyzes me LOL. Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those do look delicious! (and a pretty photo as well!) I should try some of those with my GF four. Sometimes I just need a cookie! Thanks for stopping in today. Yes, our state Capitol is beautiful. I want to return when there are flowers instead of snowbanks. :-)

    ReplyDelete