Thursday, February 28, 2019

Grebe's Cooking Class - Chinese Hot Pot


For the past 2 years, my daughters and I have signed up to take a cooking class at Grebe's Chef Center.  (Link: https://www.grebesonline.com/)  In this world of Walmart and Dollar Store "take over" - it is wonderful to support this family run business.  Truthfully, in Wausau they are the only store like this.  They are able to compete because they still offer what the other lacks:  individual customer service, an actual service department, QUALITY items, unique, high end kitchenware and this...their cooking classes.  

We love Asian food - of all kinds.  Justine and Josh were blessed enough to travel to China and experienced it first hand.  When we saw that Joy, who was born in China, teaches Chinese in Wausau Schools, was teaching cooking classes, we knew our hot pot experience would be authentic.  It was!  


This is Joy's hot pot.  We cooked ours in fondue pots.  I might have to find us these authentic pots for Christmas.  The broth, traditionally bone broth, has garlic, green onion, sliced tomato, Chinese dates, goji berries, dark vinegar and other spices added.  We had our choice of the spicy or tomato base for our pot.  You bring that all to a boil and add your choice of meat and veggies.  The broth is so hot, it only takes minutes for most to cook.  We had thinly sliced lamb, beef, fish, shrimp, fish and seafood balls, quail eggs, tofu and veggies of all kinds.  Once cooked, you eat right out of the pot.  We didn't, we used a big spoon to scoop our individual choices....it's flu season here...teehee.   


It was fun!  I can't wait to see what classes they offer next time.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

5 comments:

  1. Very fun night! Yes I would love one of those pots!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Grebe’s....and their cooking classes! I have taken several, but haven’t taken any recently. In fact, I don’t think I get their listings any more even.... They are really fun to take with a friend...and I always enjoyed the Le Creuset ones..... I kind of have a “thing” for Le Creuset LOL. If those are your daughters, they are beautiful!! Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice to support a local business! Looks yummy! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun and wonderful to support a local business too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have always wanted to take cooking classes with my husband, a date night experience of sorts. nobody in my area offers them. this sounds super fun and the food looks fresh and delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete