Saturday, February 23, 2019

Wendy

I've been needle felting and writing little poems about them.  This is Wendy.



I know you've grown weary 
of all this Winter's snow,
warmer days will soon be here 
and then it'll be time for me to go.

I weathered the polar vortex
blizzard winds and grey skies
yet it's not hindered my spirits
nor dimmed my shiny eyes.

For the gaze upon your house, 
chicken coop and barn too,
made my days oh so happy
and took away my blues.

Winter is but a little time 
and just a few flakes away
nature's season of rest 
and my time to play.

I wonder if with a happy heart
when out your window view
you saw me as I sat guard 
while the cold winds blew.

So, when working in the Summer's sun 
and you look upon this place,
I hope you will remember me
and my smiling face.



Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  






5 comments:

  1. Such fun, a wonderful creation and loved the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cheered me up on a day like today! We've had a bit of everything today. The wind brought down one of our power lines - we've got an older house and apparently there are different lines coming into the house. The part of the power we've lost is the heat and part of the downstairs. Sigh. Could be worse and be out completely.

    Your felted creations are wonderful. You should really think about selling them along with their wonderful stories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet, sweet, story Jacky! You really do have a gift.... And love Wendy too....somehow I see a bit of her spirit in you. Hope you are surviving this latest blast and can make it to the barn for your animals ok. My niece’s barn collapsed on them even though they tried to keep the roof shoveled....I feel so bad for them and the animals..... Stay warm and safe....Wisconsin sure ain’t for sissies, eh??? Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. i know first hand how difficult these pieces are to make, you did a beautiful job!! your story is so sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete