Monday, January 4, 2016

"Nifty to be Fitty - Fitbit"

"Nifty to be Fitty"   Fitbit

For Christmas, I received a Fitbit.  I LOVE it.  I'm not one for "big brother" watching me...but, when it comes to weight management...I need someone watching me.




The Fitbit is an awesome tool for that.  I (as in Al did...I'm technologically challenged) downloaded the Fitbit Ap to my phone and I enjoy using it to track my results, check on my sleep patterns (I don't use my bi pap machine...I hate it!), record my food intake and keep track of my goals.   

I used this first week as setting an average, my normal activity.  They recommend 10,000 steps a day.  I'm not going to let winter in Wisconsin stop me from reaching this daily goal.  

I set my weight loss goal and Fitbit calculated what my daily caloric intake needs to be in order to achieve that goal within my desired amount of time.  It is so easy.  I just type in what I ate, a menu of items appear and you select the one that best fits.  I'm a lifelong Weight Watcher, I am use to counting points,  however, I like this option.  There is a daily bar chart on the ap that shows you where you are at in relationship to exercise/steps and caloric intake.  It is is so cool.  I am a visual person so this encourages me to strive toward my daily goal. 

This is still new to me, so I'm sure I will learn more as time goes on.  So follow along this year if you want as I share my results in my "Nifty to be Fitty" posts.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

3 comments:

  1. Okay, I don't have a fitbit, and I DO have an app on my phone that tracks steps, diet and more, if I want to. I do track steps daily, I changed mine from 10,000 when I lived in the country to 6,000 daily now that we are in "suburbia"... and acre in a small development in the country. I make that total almost every single day. You won't believe how much going up and down in your house, and parking farther in the parking lot helps! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I've heard so much about these, Jacky! I am excited to know someone who is actually using it! I'll be following along to see how it works. 10,000 steps is a lot of steps! I would be so tired! Have a great day! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete