Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Chicken Wontons

I enjoy Asian food!  If we were to eat out, I would pick that over any other type of restaurant.   Wonton soup is one of my favorites.  I wanted to make a variety of this soup for our Souper Sunday at church.  After researching recipes, I came up with a plan to make a chicken variety.  They were really good - I hate to say....but, the best I've ever had...and I made them.  Here is what I did, I didn't write down "exact" amounts...this is from memory...you can make them with ingredients you like.



1 package of ground chicken
several cloves of minced garlic
bundle of green onions diced
bundle of diced parsley chopped
3 ribs of bok choy diced
1 T. Teriyaki sauce
1 T. Soy sauce
1 T. Sesame oil
1 T. grated fresh ginger
1 egg
several squirts of sriracha
S & P
2 T corn starch



Blend this all together - will resemble meat loaf.




 Put a spoonful of this mixture in each wonton wrapper.  Wet the sides and bring them together in a triangle shape, pinch the edges to seal.  Pinch the edge into a bundle.  Boil some water and put in only 4 -5 wontons in at a time.  When they float to the top, they are done - only takes minutes.  Don't over cook as they will have some cooking time in the broth too.  



I made these the day before.  You also can freeze them at this time.  Hey, if you are making wontons, you might as well make a big batch.  

The next morning I sauteed a shallot, some minced garlic, some diced bok choy, thinly sliced carrots in some sesame oil.  Add some chicken stock and bring to a boil.  Turn the heat to low and drop your wontons in.  Add some thinly sliced green onions and that is it.  

I have already had request for more.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.

Linked to:  http://strangersandpilgrimsonearth.blogspot.com/2016/01/the-art-of-home-making-mondays-please_11.html

http://www.thedwellingtree.com/2016/01/lets-be-friends-blog-hop-is-now-live-come-link-up-23.html

http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com/2016/01/foodie-friday-and-everything-else_14.html


1 comment:

  1. These look delicious! Thank you for sharing your recipe with us!! :)

    ReplyDelete