Friday, January 8, 2016

Friday's Furniture Fix - Brickwede Buffet

Recently, while thrifting in Green Bay, I spied this beauty.  It wasn't the most appealing piece there, but I knew it was something of quality.   This buffet was made by Brickwede Furniture, I would guess in 1950's, it looks so mid-century.  The inside of the door had the classic sputnik design on the panels.  I did NOT paint over that.  



I liked the original hardware, so I just cleaned and sanded them down.  








I used my 2 color acrylic technique, gel and wax.  I think it turned out great!  Would make a nice entertainment center too for a flat screen and put the remotes etc. in the silverware tray.  So many options with this piece.  I'm taking this to my booth at Jackie's Antique Mall today.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.

Linked to:  http://www.patinaparadise.com/2016/01/fridays-furniture-fix-21.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+patinaparadise%2FVeoG+%28Patina+Paradise%29

http://bec4-beyondthepicketfence.blogspot.com/2016/01/talk-of-town-2-link-up-party.html

4 comments:

  1. this is a beautiful piece of furniture....they don't make furniture like this anymore. i would love to have it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great piece!!! Why or why could we not be closer....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful transformation!! Sort of has a mission look to it in a way. Love it! Hope your weekend is off to a great start! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out so nice, good job.

    ReplyDelete