Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Apple Cranberry Pie

Apple Cranberry Pie



This is tart and tasty, made with apples and cranberries from my freezer.  This is how I made it.  My pie crust recipe is here:  http://dickybirdsnest.blogspot.com/2014/09/homemaking-skills-pumpkin-pie-101.html

2 T butter 

put into large skillet, add:

1 C cranberries
1 C sugar
1 T apple pie spice
1 T cinnamon
5 C apple slices
2 T corn starch

Heat through till bubbly and thick, pour into pie pan







Brush crust with beaten egg (look at how yellow my hen's eggs are....fresh!) and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.  Bake 375 till bubbly and you can smell it - about 40 minutes.


Al really liked it!  Yay!

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

2 comments:

  1. Wow does this look good! I think I have cranberries and apple in the freezer too! Having fun looking at all of your posts I missed. Such great ideas!

    ReplyDelete