Wednesday, November 5, 2014

30 Days of Repurpose Projects - Day 3 - Rake Christmas Tree

I saw this on pinterest.

No one bought these rakes at my sale they were only $0.50 each.  



So, I decided to repurpose them into Christmas trees.  Here is how I did it.  Cut off the handle, leaving enough to attach a star.



I made a star pattern and had Al cut them out for me.





He also sanded them and attached them to the rakes.  I covered the drill head with wood putty and sanded it down.  Paint 





I looked in my button box and dressed up the tree with some ornaments.  Glue them down.  That's it!  Super easy.



These trees will maybe make it to one of my booths and at the Vintage Handmade Christmas Pop Up here at the farm.   They will be $10 each.

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

Linked to:  http://houseofhipsters.com/2014/12/found-foraged-linky-party-6/

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jacky! I love what you did with the rakes! They are so folk-arty! I would have purchased the rakes for the girls to help me rake leaves, lol! I guess ya'll don't rake leaves there much! To be honest, neither do I but for .50??? The girls would have a blast! Have a great week! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning, oh my goodness, my brother would have bought it all. He always is looking for old garden things, he uses them for his birdhouses. But neat idea, looks cute. Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete