Friday, November 7, 2014

30 Days of Repurposing Projects - Day 5 - Wool Picture

30 Days of Repurposing Projects - Day 5 - Wool Picture



I LOVE Wool - if there is one thing I do hoard - it is wool!

At my pole building sale, I did try to part with some of the wool - but, no one bought it.  I had these vintage green wool hunting pants for only $3 and the red and white part wool camp blanket (it is huge) for $10.  




I had many frames for sale ranging from $0.50 to $3.00.  This frame was $1.  



I took this old picture (threw away) and took the glass out (save for another project).  I painted the frame - front and back - with red acrylic.



While thinking of what to do, I looked in the $0.25 box and found this Santa cookie cutter.  I decided to make a wool green tree, wool ornaments and star and add this plastic cookie cutter.  I arranged my design and the sewed it on.




Once the frame was dry, I sanded off some of the paint to give it a worn look and then wiped it with a paste wax.  



I used the back of the frame and laid the blanket flat.  Press it into the frame and pull on the sides to make it tight.  I glued the blanket to the frame in addition to stapling the sides to secure it.  






This is the type of "art" I love doing - mixed media.  One of a kind - available at the Vintage & Handmade Christmas Pop Up in my studio on the farm.  This will be $10.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

Linked to:  http://www.oakhillhomestead.com/2014/11/homeacre-hop-95.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:


3 comments:

  1. very cute. i'm allergic to wool so i don't handle it at all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Great job! So unique, Jacky! We don't use wool here much, so I never seem to find any at yard sales, etc. I love how you used the mixed media in your creation! Thanks for the tutorial! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete