Thursday, November 6, 2014

30 Days of Repurposed Projects - Day 4 - Hand Painted Tray

30 Days of Repurposed Projects - Day 4 - Hand Painted Tray:


I really like how this one turned out!  

I started with a wicker tray - no one bought it for $2 at my sale.  I wiped it down and painted it with an off white acrylic.






Once dry, take a piece of chalk and write your word - mine was joy.




Paint right over the chalk; once dry, wipe off the visable chalk lines.  I added a simple vine - if you can paint an oval, you can do this too - really easy!

I then brushed on the gel stain and wiped it off.  Once dry, I wiped the whole tray with a paste wax.  




This will be at the Vintage & Handmade Christmas Pop Up Sale here at the farm on December 12, 2014 6-9 p.m.  I think I will mark it $10.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.

Linked to:  http://houseofhipsters.com/2014/11/found-foraged-linky-party-1/

4 comments:

  1. Great job, Jacky! Love the tray! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for linking up to Found & Foraged!! I can see that I'm going to need to paint a tray in the very near future...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great Christmas project. Thanks for linking it up at our linky party. Hope to see you next week (Saturdays @ 8PM CST through one of our blogs:))

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^^^Grace apparently beat me to it, but thank you so much for linking up at Found & Foraged! PINNED! Hope to see you again this Saturday night at 8PM!

    ReplyDelete