Friday, June 13, 2014

Slate Message Board - Thanks for the Idea!

I have to share a story with you.  We grew up a few blocks down from the Rothschild swimming pool.  You could find me there every day, all day long - I love to swim.  All of us in my family grew up down at the pool.  One such day, oh I was about 5 0r 6 (my sister Lori was with me) I saw the most pretty girls.  They were sisters, all blonde and beautiful (and still are).  I was so taken with them, that I went up to them and asked if they were Barbie dolls.  I remember they chuckled - I also loved Barbie dolls.  They were the "Spangler girls."  I later was in Jr. and Sr. High with one of them, Mary Pat, or "Fritz" as her family called her.

One of the sisters, Pam, is very involved with the fair too.   She is also a part of the Partnership for Progressive Agriculture, PPA (where Justine worked last summer).   Anyway, her sister, gave me this awesome idea.  



I have had these old roof slates in my barn for at least 15 years.  I was always going to paint on them or something.  One of my many "oh, I'm going to do this with that things."  We bought them from and auction in the Town of Easton.  We were told that they came off the old Wausau High School.  Neat!

This is how I made them, really simple.  I took advantage of the holes that are alreay in them and ran a piece of jute through.  I then tied on a piece of chalk - that is it.  


  



I will have these tomorrow at the Wittenberg Community Days.  Hope to see some of you there.

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.   

Linked to:  http://www.oakhillhomestead.com/2014/06/the-homeacre-hop-75.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:

5 comments:

  1. how awesome! love the simplicity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like ! I was also a water baby when younger as on the farm we had a pond with a dock and a tire swing to jump off of into the water and to float around in oh those were they days ! Thanks for sharing , Have a good weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jacky! What a nice project! And to think you had them all of this time! I too, hope they all sell! Have a fun weekend! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute, and wow that was easy! Lucky you to have such treasures in your barn. Thank you for sharing at the HomeAcre Hop; I hope you'll join us again this Thursday.
    Kathi at Oak Hill Homestead

    ReplyDelete