Monday, June 9, 2014

Motivation Monday - Building Up Yourself


Motivation Monday - Building Up Yourself



What shapes you to become who you are?  

Any answers?  

I've been thinking about just who I am.  How did I become the Dicky Bird that I am today.  The culmination of love, life, experiences and failures - shape who we are.  

I've been told, "you have a friendly face."  You can too, if you smile.  I've been told "boy, you sure say whatever you want."  You can too, if you believe in what you are saying.  It has been said, "we can't invite them, they don't do (fill in the blank).  Not getting asked to go or do things is a part of living by your convictions.  Making people uncomfortable with their decisions isn't my goal - but, when you set standards sometimes that happens.  

My thinking on who I am, who I want to be and how I can be better has been an on going journey for about 2 years.  If you have been following that long, you know I have posted about this several times.  My mom was a good example of this.  She always kept growing and working on herself, until the day she passed on.  I only hope to be like that.  

Each stage of life offers challenges and joys.  My advice is to embrace each one.  Each decade we age, brings changes to our physical bodies.  My advice is to do what you can while you can.  Every decision whether good or bad has consequences.  My advice is to stand by your decisions, claim the bad ones and take responsibility for each one.  

So for this Motivation Monday - working on building up yourself isn't about being selfish.  Just the opposite.  When you work on you, others will benefit as well - including your spouse, kids and family. 

Encourage and compliment others - and in turn, you will receive the same.  Stand by your convictions - and you won't have to feel guilt or regret.  If you don't like something about your life, yourself, children's behavior - whatever it is, take claim of it, work on it and start building up yourself.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin. 

3 comments:

  1. Great entry! I think the older we get the more we come into ourselves. My grandma influenced a lot of who I am today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that every single thing we go through in our lives shapes us into what we are, whether it was a good thing or a bad thing. I pray to be more compassionate and get encouragement from God's Word to do just that.

    ReplyDelete