Saturday, August 31, 2013

Renegade Chickens

Renegade Chickens - those who make their nests away from the coop.  I love these independent hens.  Maybe, because I can relate to their personality.  I have been told - "you are such a renegade."  I didn't take it as an insult - I like independent, free thinkers and was happy she though I was one.  

Al went to get the paper this morning and said that there was a hen with some chicks down by the road.  Cute little white hen with 4 chicks.  She was just a clucking away - calling them to follower her - and get away from me.  






I looked around for her nest.  I wanted to see where she had been sitting and hiding for the last 20 some days.  Here it is, in the tiger lilly plants around our tree.




When she saw me over by her nest, here she came just a clucking away.






You know I can still see you....

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.
The Chicken Chick

5 comments:

  1. oh, that is so cute!!! stay safe with your brood, mama hen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love chickens. Wish I had some. So very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, reminds me of my mother's renegades. There are always chicks running around after their mothers somewhere on the farm.
    and Donald Driver??? wow to that
    Life is Good

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are too cute, Jacky! Thanks for sharing! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe this makes you a chicken stalker. LOL ;)

    Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete