Thursday, August 15, 2013

Cowgirl Baked Beans


I made this recipe up too.  Very inexpensive - Dollar Store beans from the can.  I like the classic cowboy beans - however, my future son-in-law doesn't eat pork.  So, I figured I better make a new family baked bean recipe that he can enjoy too.  I'm calling them cowgirl beans because they are meatless.

Cowgirl Baked Beans


Start with any 5 cans of beans you like.  I chose these.  Open, drain, rinse and put in crock pot.


Mix together.  Add 1 small onion diced.


In a small pan, heat together the following:  1 12 oz. can tomato paste; 1 C brown sugar; 1/4 C yellow mustard; 1/4 C molasses; 1 t dehydrated garlic and 1 t chili powder.  Begin to heat through and mix well.


To that add 1 t apple cider vinegar; 1 t Worcester sauce; 1 t liquid smoke and few splashes of Tabasco sauce.  Mix well - continue to heat through.  Stir until almost bubbly.


Pour over beans in crock pot.  S & P to taste, cook on low and forget about it...super easy.  


I didn't want to make this too spicy - you could add more chili powder or pepper flakes.  Enjoy - this cowgirl approves!

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.

2 comments:

  1. These beans sound so delicious, and versatile, Jacky! If you wanted, you could cook some hamburger meat to go in there! But I like the meatless better! Thanks for sharing! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete