Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Donald Driver - #80 Packer - Here in Wausau

I checked my phone this morning, flipping through the tweets and saw this one from Donald Driver



Say what??? Donald Driver in Wausau??? Well, when will I ever get another chance to see him in person.  So, I called my niece and made arrangements to pick up her boys, Caleb and Ethan. We also met Crystal and her kids there too.  

I knew the teller at the bank - Marilyn and asked her if Donald Driver was there yet.  She had no idea what I was talking about.  She asked her supervisor and she told her he was at the Jefferson Inn for a luncheon.  BMO Harris is the corporate sponsor for Donald's charity "Driven to Achieve."

So we all walked down to the Jefferson Inn - we saw this





  The limo driver said we just missed him.  I said we will wait for him to come out.  We were the only ones there.  Then around the corner came TV 9 Melissa Langbehn.  She interviewed us.  I put that link from WAOW on the post before this one.  Slowly a few more people came - but, we were the first.  This time my crazy OCD paid off in our getting to see such a great person - Donald Driver.  I respect him not only for his achievements on the field, but his character off the field as well.   Crystal wasn't sure about following me into this "stalking", but she was happy her kids were able to see him as well.  Arianna actually blew kisses to him and he rolled down the window and blew some back to her.  She was so excited as she yelled "I love you..." What a fun afternoon!  Here are some other pictures.










We actually waited over 1 1/2 hrs. Melissa complimented us on how well behaved "our" kids were.  Good job  you guys.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.

3 comments:

  1. glad you got to see someone you respect. :) i'm not familiar with him or his career, but nice to hear there are good guys in sports.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your tweeting was put to good use! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You dog! Double D is my favorite Packer!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete