Sunday, February 7, 2021

Woven Blessings Basketry, LLC and Judah Studios

 Woven Blessings Basketry, LLC and Judah Studios




It's nice to be back to an in person class.  Justine, Anna and I like to do things together, however, we aren't able to as much as we would like.  When Jeni offered a class at Judah Studios, we were sure to sign up right away.  Good thing we did, as she need to host 2 classes for social distancing.  

We took the morning class, which included lunch.  



We made a "bread basket" and Jeni provided a wide variety of materials and colors enough for each of us to come up with our own design.  I really like how all of ours turned out.  

If you have never taken a class from Jeni, Woven Blessing Basketry, LLC, I would encourage you to do so.  She also has virtual teaching and kits she sends to your home.  During Covid, she really worked hard to build her business and was honored with the opportunity to provide kits for the Green Bay Packers coaching staff and player's wives.   I told her some businesses thrived and some didn't survive, she thrived!   

Also, if you have never been to Judah Studios, you're really missing some great local art!  Nelsonville, WI, is about the cutest little town, no one ever heard of!  There is a cool empty brick building across the street....oh, I am tempted....I'm always dreaming up businesses.  Actually, also, on the way there, I passed a cute litte store front on the corner of county road A and Z...."A to Z Antiques"....I should just focus on the cute little building I have here on my farm, this is the year for that!

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  





8 comments:

  1. Ha ha....well count me in, I have never heard of Nelsonville, and I am from these parts LOL. All of your baskets look amazing! Years ago I really really wanted to take a basket weaving class, but never did find one that was close enough. Now, well...I guess I have enough things keeping my hands busy. Lunch looks yummy too! Hope you're staying warm and cozy. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would love this stuidio/shop. So many cool things. Lots of wool related items. Jeni also teaches classes at other locations. She does do some at Mosquito Hill Nature Center - I want to do one there soon.

      Delete
  2. WOW your baskets look AMAZING! Great job! Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janice, I really like how mine turned out.

      Delete
  3. They are wonderful, a great basket and indeed class. There is a course locally that I have been looking at for awhile, I may just give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun to do. Jeni is a great teacher, so that really helps. Also, I like classes where you leave with a finished product.

      Delete
  4. Hello Jacky,

    We have found you via 'Acorn Hollow' and are pleased to have arrived.

    One thing that the pandemic has taught us all is the value of human contact and relationships. We may have been aware of this before, but we shall certainly treasure them more when we are all finally able to meet with our friends and family as we once were able to without fear.

    Your basket course sounds to have been fun and how clever of you all to have produced such perfect baskets with great designs. And, clearly you are a creative bunch with so many variations in your designs. Great!

    We shall stay in touch as followers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comment. I will look for your blogs. It was nice to get out and do something in person again. Yes, this pandemic has taught us that and more.

    ReplyDelete