Saturday, February 20, 2021

Matthew West, "Let the Truth Be Told"

 

I've heard this song, but it didn't resonate with me, like a light bulb moment, until just the other day.  Here is the link to the video:  Let the Truth be Told

The song is so applicable to our human experience.  However, this one line really hit me:  "truth be told, the truth is rarely told....and I don't know why it is so hard to admit it, when being honest is the only way to fix it."

I heard this song, but for the first time listened the other day on my way home from town.  It was just after I revealed my "cultivating my core" posts.  Now, I'm not embarrassed to share these things with my reader, as I have had so many messages from readers telling me "thanks for being so honest."  "I stuggle with that too."  

Listen, being honest is the only way to fix it.  First though, be honest with yourself.  When that line came on, I was actually at a T in the back road I was taking home, sitting at the stop sign.  As I listened to the song, I heard a sentence in that lyric, really heard it, for the first time.  Just at that moment, I kid you not, the sun, came out from this cold, dark cloud of weather we've been tolerating, and I actually thought, wow, this is a sign.  Yes, Dicky Bird, your journey and growth, cultivate shall I again say, had your being honest about your weakness and I can honestly say....this fixed it.  

Will I struggle ever again with things, of course.  Will I suffer from it as long - never again.  "Truth be told, the truth is rarely told"....we all do!  Thanks for the nice comments!  I love you guys and appreciate my followers so much!

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  


3 comments:

  1. I have not heard this song (that I recall) and will have to listen to it when I regain access to the internet/wifi. Right now I am only able to use my cellular data and given our poor reception here, I can only access certain parts of the web for limited amounts of time. I am amazed it cooperated now for blogger....I haven't been able to read an email for 2 days. Anyways....I like the lyrics....honesty is huge with me....really huge. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read your blog post...OMGoodness! Hang in there!

      Delete
  2. Yes if we all could just be honest...especially with ourselves. Great post! Janice

    ReplyDelete