Monday, February 22, 2021

Monday Mood - Excited

 Good Monday morning.  

I believe we made it through the cold snap of 2021 here in Wisconsin.  I heard the birds sing....they are happy too!

We didn't have as much snow this year - yet - as we have had in previous years.  I'm happy for this, because I am on snow removal duty while Al recovers from his wrists and elbows surgeries - he has had 2 surgeries this month.  He has a hard time sitting still and we had wanted to do some "stuff" while he was/is off.   However, his recovery was harder than he thought.  He is on the mends, but now physical therapy starts.   I like being home anyway.  I don't need to buy more stuff.

Oh, but I am going on a little "pick" today....that's not for me, that's for resale....ahahah

My mood for this Monday is excited.  I will be picking up over 50 baskets from a client tomorrow for a virtual sale on Saturday, "Tisket, Tasket Wanna Buy a Basket?"  I love looking at other's collections, especially when I can buy or sell them....teehee.

What I find rewarding in what I do, is that I'm saving a piece of the past, passing it on to another steward, educating what it is and how to use it and doing my part to create a new generation of collectors.  

I have been doing this...washing, ironing, sorting and selling...linens.  


I find ironing so relaxing and rewarding, I really do.

What is your Monday Mood?

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  




10 comments:

  1. Well i just got back from the Dr and good report all around that makes me happy and I did it before the snow started which makes me happier. I will work on getting a roasting chicken ready for dinner tonight with carrots, potatoes and onions.
    I like to iron too but do not do much of it. good luck with your sale.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, for a good report! Roast chicken sounds wonderful! I enjoy the starch...teehee...watching the wrinkles melt... Thanks.

      Delete
  2. A joy to see those beautiful linens. A good way to look at it, saving something from the past and then passing it on to another steward, wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, even when they have stains or rips, I can't stand to toss them away. I don't mind imperfect things and most of my customers don't either. We all are just stewards.

      Delete
  3. Those linens look wonderful.

    I hope your hubby feels better soon. We haven't had as much snow as usual, but it's thick on the ground - for now! We almost got above freezing today lol. Tomorrow it will be almost 40 - that will feel like a heatwave.

    My Monday mood is...cautiously optimistic. It sounds as though the restrictions in England will begin to be lifted so maybe - just maybe - I might be able to see Mum sometime this year if all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope you can! Thanks, he is doing better. We are going to hit 40 too hopefully. Yay!

      Delete
  4. Oh good heavens....Ironing relaxing??? Well, let me know any time you'd like to "relax" some more...I can help you out LOL. To me it is just...well? Boring?? I hope Al has a quick mend from here on out...guess I was not aware he was having surgery....but yikes, 2 in one month? And both elbows and wrists?? And plural on both of those nouns?? Youch! Hope you scored and had fun on your pick today. If you run out of baskets to sell, I have more! ;-) ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must me an OCD thing, as I like to watch the wrinkles melt away as I spray with starch. Even the smell of the starch...ahaha. He is doing better now, yes both were done just shy of 3 weeks apart. We did have fun, need to hire my great nephews to carry the tubs up from her storage unit, which is in a lower level...so, we are going back today. I could sell whatever it is you want to be rid of...probably to myself...ahahah

      Delete
  5. Well I missed your post yesterday, so today's mood is good considering I had to go to the dentist to learn I need a crown. UGH Well I would rather vacuum than iron. Hope Al does good with therapy. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UgH is right! I don't like dental "dental" problems. Who does? Thanks, he is doing better.

      Delete