Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Dicky Bird's Carrot Cupcakes

 


I asked L what her favorite flavor of cupcake was, she said "carrot"...."carrot!! not chocolate?!"..."I like carrots (just like the horses)."  So, a carrot cupcake was on my menu for Sunday.

I have not made carrot cake for years.  So, I searched my pantry and good ol' Betty Crocker and came up with this one.  I always put my twist on things.  

Start with grating some carrots.  I recently received 3 Food Share boxes from our tribe, so I had those.  

3 cups grated carrots

2 teaspoon cinnamon

1 teaspoon nutmeg

1/2 teaspoon salt

mix all of this together in a separate bowl.

In a different bowl, mix all the dry ingredients:

2 1/2 cups flour

1 1/2 cups sugar

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

stir the carrot and spices with dry mixture




Mix wet ingredients together:

1 cup vegetable oil

3 beaten eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla


Mix dry with wet, now here is where you can get creative, I added:

1 cup golden raisins

1 cup chopped walnuts

You add what you like.  These could be loaded up with nuts, seeds, berries, coconut....



Bake 350 until toothpick comes out clean.  

I made cream cheese frosting and sprinkled with extra chopped walnuts.  You really don't even need to put frosting on them.  






If you try them, let me know.  Enjoy

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

5 comments:

  1. I would go for carrot cup cakes over chocolate every time!!! Oh they look so good.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are making me hungry. Wish I had some extra carrots. Need to save what I have for the roast I am doing, but will remember to do these once I get more. TFS Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be a tough choice between chocolate and carrot cake...especially if cream cheese frosting is involved with respect to the latter LOL. Can't go wrong with Betty Crocker....Yours look that they turned out deliciously! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete