Sunday, February 28, 2021

Single Batch Super Easy Sugar Cookies

 


This was the "rainbow dessert" I made for my little grandlove.  

She loves cookies and I love to make them - we are a match made in heaven.   Baking is so much more fun, when you have someone to do it for.  I didn't want too many cookies left, so I reduced down a recipe to this....they were so good!  

1 Cup butter, soft

1 Cup granulated sugar

Cream together

1 egg 

1 teaspoon vanilla

Blend together and then add

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt - give or take

2 Cups flour

Roll into balls, roll into sugars - bake 350 until done (8-10 min)

That's it, nothing "new" - just simple recipe.





I told her earlier in the week that I would get "pink" icecream.  Wouldn't you know, there wasn't any at the store.  She loves rainbows, so I bought sherbet (fat free...with those cookies, it helps...ahahha).  



Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun dessert nice your grand loves to cook
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun and so nice to be baking for your grandchild.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you know when children were little and at home, cooking and baking had a purpose - I enjoyed it. When it's just Al and I - not so much. However, when I can cook for those I love - it makes me happy.

      Delete
  3. You are so very right...baking (and cooking) is so much more rewarding when you have someone to do it for. Cookies look great! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, spoken like someone who knows...to do it for and who enjoys eating it. Al is a meat, more meat...kinda guy...."where's the meat?" ahahahh He isn't fun to cook for...

      Delete