Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Ten Tips on Tuesday - Week 1 - Adding Humidity to Dry Home

I will give my daughter, Anna, credit for this new blogging idea; "Ten Tips on Tuesday."  She messaged me that her house was really dry.  I told her some ideas I had and then I googled it.  As a blogger, I am always looking for interesting content.  I happen to think Tuesday starts with at T so....."Ten Tips on Tuesday" is born (it might be hard to find 10, but, I'll STRIVE (see that...) to do it.)  I'm sure others do this too, but  it's a new idea for me.  

So this week, let's talk dry home and adding humidity to it. 

I grew up here in Wisconsin in a home heated with wood.  You know it was dry.  We had a vaporizer, you know the kind your mom would put Vicks in.  The next time I see one of those at a thrift shop, I'm buying it.  I loved that steamy smell.  

So, my 10 tips are:

1.  Buy a humidifier or even a vaporizer (thrift shops)

2.  Boil some water - make a cup of tea

3.  Don't turn your shower/bath fan on, let the steam stay

4.  Add cute vases or bowls of water throughout your house

5.  Let clothes air dry - time to wash some wool sweaters

6.  After wash cycle, open up dishwasher, let them air dry

7.  Add more houseplants - herbs in the kitchen too




8.  Let your dish or bath water linger in tub/sink after use

9.  Cook more (smile)

10.  Water in spray bottle, spritz the room with water

What ideas do you have?

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

No comments:

Post a Comment